Thursday, July 30, 2020

ANA PRO (South) Refutes Muriola Awosemo’s disclaimer and threatens to take legal action for defamation of character.

ANA PRO (SOUTH) REFUTES MURIOLA AWOSEMO’S DISCLAIMER AND THREATENS TO TAKE LEGAL ACTION FOR DEFAMATION OF CHARACTER.

 

Wole Adedoyin, the current National Publicity Secretary (PRO South) of the National Association of Nigerian Authors (ANA) has condemned a purported disclaimer signed by a disgruntled element in ANA Osun to tarnish and blackmail his public image, and bring his character to disrepute in the eyes of his friends, associates and the general public. Alleging him of unscrupulously extorting politicians in the name of the writers' Association.

Speaking on Wednesday in Ilesa, Wole Adedoyin described the purported allegations raised against him as completely biased and without any iota of truth. Responding, he said the lies were fabricated against him by some disgruntled elements loyal to Barr. Maiwada because of his (Adedoyin) strong support and unalloyed loyalty currently given to the newly elected National President of the Association of Nigerian Authors (ANA), Dr. Camilus Ukah.

According to him “Since the inception of my political career in 2005, I have never extorted money from any politician. Nor caught with charms, guns and cutlasses, neither being dragged in a police bullion van as experienced by one of their self acclaimed factional National officers (the faction some ANA Osun members said they belong to, according to Mr. Muritala Awosemo). While politicizing in Oyo, I cut my teeth with hardcore politicians while working under Alh. Balarabe Musa (former Governor of old Kaduna State) and Comrade Laoye Sanda as Peoples Redemption Party (PRP)’s Oyo State PRO, and later General Secretary.  After PRP was deregistered in 2011, I defected to the African Peoples Alliance (APA) under the national leadership of Alh. Sifawa Samaila. Through APA, I became the founding State Secretary of the Interparty Advisory Council (IPAC) and a former State Secretary of the Conference of Nigeria Political Parties (CNPP) and Coalition for a New Nigeria (CNN). As the foundation Chairman of the African People Alliance (APA) in Oyo State, I was the party’s Deputy Governorship candidate in the 2015 general elections. My records can be sought out and verified at the Oyo State offices of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), the Department of State Security Service (DSS) and the Nigerian Police Force (NPF), there is nothing to hide or beat about the bush for. After the demise of my father in 2014, I returned home, back to Osun State precisely to continue my political activism. And while in Osun State, I was appointed the Osun State Chairman of the Hope Democratic Party (HDP) under the national leadership of Chief Ambrose Owuru who was also the party’s Presidential candidate in the 2019 general elections. In 2018, I emerged the Governorship Candidate of the Hope Democratic Party (HDP) through a governorship primary elections conducted in the presence of four INEC officials from Abuja and Osun State. All these claims can be verified at the Osun State Offices of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), the Department of State Security Service (DSS) and the Nigerian Police Force (NPF). I have never used or dragged Osun ANA’s name before, during and after the 2018 Osun Governorship election. How come I used the ANA Osun’s name to distort money from politicians? What is the significance of ANA Osun to my 2018 governorship ambition when I have my political platforms? Is ANA Osun a political platform? These are questions begging for answers. Mr. Muriola Awosemo must provide proofs and evidences to support his frivolous claim or I shall take legal actions against him in the court of law for defamation of my character.

And on becoming ANA Osun member, I was inducted as a member of the ANA Osun State Chapter before I became the National PRO (South) of the Association in a meeting attended by one of the most distinguished and respected leaders of ANA Osun, who is also the Chapter’s pioneer Chairman, Prince Femi Ademiluyi. I will forever be grateful to ANA Osun and Mr. Muritala Awosemo for giving me the platform to emerge as ANA National Publicity Secretary. Before becoming a member of ANA Osun, while being a member of ANA Oyo, I was appointed as the National Secretary of National Teen Authorship Scheme of the Association of Nigerian Authors by the national leadership of Prof. Remi Raji. ANA Osun, being one of the beneficiaries of a grant received from the former Governor of Niger State, Alh. Muazu Babangida Aliu for ANA’s National Teen Authorship Project, I was given the task to coordinate the scheme in Osun state 2012. The end product of the project was contained in “Beyond the Limit” A publication by teen authors across the country. After the teen authorship project, I organized different literary workshops in collaboration with the Osun State branch of the National Library of Nigeria (NLN) under the tutelage of Osogbo Book Club. Prince Abiodun Oloyede who was then the State Chairman of ANA Osun attended and lectured in those two programmes. I first confirmed my Osun ANA’s membership status with Prince Abiodun Oloyede. The rest in now history. Just like I said earlier, I shall be forever grateful to Prince Femi Ademiluyi, Mr. Muriola Awosemo, Prince Biodun Oloyede and Hon. Funsho Babarinde for making my emergence as ANA National Publicity Secretary (South) possible, these are well grounded literary creative minds. In the past, I had attended a few of Osun ANA Chapter’s meetings due to the nature of my work. There are pictorial evidences to back up my facts. For over 7 months now, the ANA Osun State publicity secretary has stopped sending me meeting invitations to the monthly readings. I had complained of this to Mr. Muriola Awosemo who promised he would talk to him. Till date, Mr. Muriola Awosemo never got back to me. I am not an ingrate, but the allegations of unscrupulously extorting politicians in the name of the Association is not mine. Mr. Muriola Awosemo should retract that statement immediately and apologise. It is a fabricated story to spell me backwards and to stop me from supporting my newly elected, inaugurated and legal ANA National President, Dr. Camilus Ukah. I was not queried, nor given any fair hearing. Just a sudden disclaimer. What are they turning ANA into? A political party?

And lastly on the illegal organizations they alleged I created. I wish to categorically state that I am not running any illegal organization, if they are aware of any they can go to the law enforcement agencies and or court to challenge me. Since the inception of some of my literary initiatives; I have never collected one naira from anybody in ANA Osun for my literary projects, not even from Mr. Muriola Awosemo who appended his signature on the unwholesome disclaimer. Many of those literary initiatives were created before I joined ANA Osun and those literary initiatives have mentored and published hundreds of upcoming writers.

In a bid to contribute my own quota to the growth of ANA Osun, after I became a member of the chapter, I built the chapter a multimedia blog which can be viewed at http://anaosunchapter.blogspot.com/.  I also setup the current official whatsapp group account of the chapter @ ANA Osun Chatroom and the Facebook account with the link below https://mobile.facebook.com/ana.osun.71?__xts__%5B0%5D=12.AbrFOuOsNu8NPGY0f5-dpJ7qRXlfXIgn3paNTkOqyqQW8C2vtdDeNK8pspHzi7g7DIg9GRmD4h4FIQ_KG8PTjNV86P4ccunOwniXvV1RHruuwI_8BP46KQlLXUFMAFqqezhSn42S22nnA16eWeELxslRnnfgODNax8BQAZxQE12W0oCdKLvFwsVQTq8tI_kcnrDyVRHEwNYnDEth2kHNTBP30WD7Auxla2ZcjuMiYyP8nOpq7wSdxvHPeL52PLE65GCqD2i6ZJs-CsmoUIv5KZlxepeNR_iP2caQYFUGvbGUGbfUo7LkqhI-11iKEVUJOXim3Uhs-QjQL-uohoJqt-URTvEQnT2u8eSB7niNj3iID5jgguP6he4OdbeEm0ZvCQZDCmV4dROkeqivbrtHyN3oduiTX3tkrvVW2L5ZJvmGXqb81PaWnvgn_-D6Dv4DwFI4-0SrL5xW-x-STtQnauV_dDC7gRK22WQzEoKdXxm0pSUNNRqwK_1ItLad3AYFkzr-_s-bpsx-zqlJck_JEcm3jfTTmf1sQthI9gewyVPAvDEWd3a7zY-XqqxJ5_Jsqm8 .

If the purported disclaimer is to make me stop working as elected at the last ANA EGM in Makurdi, it will not work as the Camillus Ukah ANA Presidency train has since left the station and already working to bring back the glory of ANA.

Wole Adedoyin finally urged the general public to disregard Mr. Muriola Awosemo’s disclaimer describing the disclaim as completely biased and totally untrue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ANA CONGRATULATES AFRICA'S OLDEST WRITER, HIS HIGHNESS CHRISTIAN OTOBOTEKERE ON HIS 97TH BIRTHDAY

ANA CONGRATULATES AFRICA'S OLDEST WRITER, HIS HIGHNESS CHRISTIAN OTOBOTEKERE ON HIS 97TH BIRTHDAY. Dr. Camillus Chima Ukah, President of...